Monday, January 4, 2010

A New "DO" for a New Year!!

Well, Gavin's first successful home haircut. Daddy actually buzzed it all off on Sunday just before G returns to school for the new year. I suggested a day's plans including haircut and other fun things. Then Dave suggested a haircut at home and Gavin agreed right away!! I couldn't believe Dave wanted to completely buzz it b/c he's the one who especially loves Gavin's longish hair. We set up a barber shop with laptop movie and all. Gavin sat so calmly and comfortably and did a FANTASTIC JOB! He only winced and fussed a little bit when starting with the super short clippers (they're louder and CAN actually hurt you). Dave was so calm and having fun with it all. I was a little freaked to say the least. As he started to shave off the back, I thought Oh my God...what did we do? But as it all got evened out and started to look like our cute little boy again, I thought "hey, this isn't so bad."

Afterward we kept joking all day about "who are you?" and Gavin responded right away, "I'm Sam". Sam called himself "Sam 1" and Gavin "Sam 2." G kept patting his head to see how it felt and because it is so different. I think they now look even more alike. We'll see how it goes, but I do love his long locks too. So don't be surprised if you see him looking like a Beatle again in a few months.

It's a great way to start the new year. 2010 brings such promise and hope. This is going to be a fantastic year and we know Gavin will make such progress. Our program is off to a running start with an outreach at the end of this week and next week starting with 24 playroom hours at least!!!

Much love,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Does Dave hire out? HA! I don't know if you have seen John's "bangs", but he LOVES them so I guess that is all that matters. It was amazing to see how much expression he has when talking now. Baby steps, I would love to take him to an actual salon but it is completely hit or miss if he will allow anyone to even touch his hair.

    It is cute to see how much your boys look alike now. Any chance Dave will be going as short?! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Who knows, maybe Dave could have a side job to help fund out son-rise program. haircuts on a spectrum.....HA!

    Just found out Cookie Cutters closed, so now it's maybe a really good thing Dave can cut it at home. I'd like to see a longer style cut next time :) Yeah, G and Sam look so alike now!! thanks for reading Tammy (and all).

    ReplyDelete