Hello all, it's been a while. We've been busy in the playroom, enjoying time with both boys, and taking care of them this week as they heal. Sam started the week with strep throat which then spread to Gavin. He seemed to be hit the worst, but finally started improving today!!! Much more playing, interaction, and energy today!!!! Pretty much laying around, hardly eating, and almost no energy for the past three days. Several days in to antibiotics and he's starting to come out of it. Sam was a trooper, recovered pretty quickly and was really happy to see brother improving and ready to play again.
Dave and I each took some time off to stay home and care for the boys, and grandma E. helped out as well. Thanks Grandma!!! I usually become pretty stressed out and upset when the kids are sick, but this time I was able to recognize there still is a lot to be thankful for and I can still remain happy. I enjoyed getting a chance to cuddle and LOVE them and reminded myself that despite any challenges we face (autism, sickness, missing playroom time b/c he was so ill, taking off work, and missing out on a lot of sleep)...we always have a choice regarding our attitude and beliefs about our challenges.
Today I spent the morning playing with the boys and then Dave took over while I went to Sandusky to meet two other Son-Rise moms to brainstorm. One other mom was supposed to come, but couldn't b/c of the weather. Missed you Toni! But it was great to see Kerry and Sherri and is always so helpful to be in the presence of other SR families. Son-Rise provides a sort of instant family in that everyone is very accepting, non-judgemental, willing to help, open to new ideas, and hopeful. It was so great to have a chance to sit and relax, talking and laughing with awesome moms and friends. It rejuvenates my spirit and my drive to work hard for everything I want for my sons and my family. The boys were so cute and so happy to see me return home. Gavin asked "where were you all this time?" and wanted to know who I was with and who their kids were. This is AWESOME he is showing interest in me, others, and asking me questions about things. Even while sick, and moreso today, he's often asking "mom, play with me"....MUSIC TO MY EARS!!
EMBRACING autism, ACCEPTING sickness, LIVING son-rise, and LOVING life!!
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment