Yes, the cough is back. Seems like worst at school for some reason...to the point where today Gavin said "I'm gonna gag" so he was able to get to the bathroom in time but it really was just phlegmy stuff. Blah! But school called and he came home early and hung out with dad today. Then this evening actually wanted to play outside with mom and Sam and was totally doing great, playing together, watering bushes, riding his car around, and interacting a lot. Some coughing this evening, but not too bad. Who knows? Allergies? Allergies triggering asthma cough? Bronchitis cough? Hard to tell really. Need to return to our local allergy specialist. I also will be taking Gavin to our DAN! doctor in two weeks to review labs and talk about next steps. The doctor is closing his Ann Arbor office, but reopening one in Southfield. So I guess this is not too far from Toledo anyway. Side note...in his new office he will have someone working with families to implement Son-Rise!!! How awesome. Not sure how or what training they have, but great that they are spreading the word!
Staying calm, present and hopeful through this "sick" time. I KNOW he'll get better again and I just need to trust and believe (thanks wonderful friend Jeannie) in him and our ability to help him heal.
Preparing for my week at the Autism Treatment Center of America next week. Driving there with awesome family counselor, Brian Nelson, as we live really close together. I'm so looking forward to the opportunity to focus on my own growth, happiness, and how my attitude and perspective can have such an affect on Gavin and his recovery. It is so important that we as parents of special children are able to truly look at ourselves, the things we choose to do, feel, and BELIEVE. We can change how we do things, get more of what we want, and create our own happiness. We then can be so much more present, open, enthusiastic, and helpful to our children which helps them to connect with us more willingly and frequently.
Watching a video of myself in the playroom this past weekend was pretty cool. Lots to change (for me) and lots to celebrate! Waltzing around the room with Gavin in my arms was PERFECT and we had so much fun. HE initiated this and added in the 1, 2, 3...1, 2, 3...waltz with me. I built upon that with 1, 2, 3...1, 2, 3...waltz with me, Gavin E. Pretty cool...we were laughing and giggling and looking with great eye contact. (I think it's from Wiggles, brother Samuel's favorite). Then I videotaped Gavin and Sam playing together after playroom time, unbelievable how connected they are. Pretty cute. Today Gavin said, Sam I love you... Then "So Sam...How was your day? Good?"
Despite the illness, allergies, or whatever is going on...we're living it up, loving life, and enjoying our family so much!!
Much love to all. I will try to post while at ATCA next week!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment